Overview: Summer camp with Spanish lessons for juniors in Barcelona
Dates 2022: April 24-30, July 17-30, August 7-20
Duration: 1 week (april) / 2 weeks (summer)
Level of Spanish required: from beginners to advanced
Ages: 12 – 17 years
Where is the residence?
In the Collserola Park, surrounded by 25 hectares of woodlands, just 15 minutes by metro from the centre of Barcelona.
What does this Summer camp include?
- Full board accommodation at the Residence
- 15 Spanish lessons per week from monday to friday
- Educational material
- 2 or 3 afternoon cultural outings per week
- 2 sports or dance afternoons per week
- 1 private disco event
- 1 day trip to the Port Aventura theme park (no lessons on that day)
- Themed evenings at the Residence
- Students get around by public transport during the programme (always with a monitor)
- Entertainment and 24-hour supervision by our team of monitors
- Arrival and departure transfers to/from the airport or railway station
What does this summer camp in Barcelona involve?
From arrival: the student is under the supervision of our team; he/she is met by one of our monitors and escorted to the Residence.
At the Residence: after everyone has settled into their room, we conduct a tour of the Residence so students know their way around quickly and are aware of what facilities and amenities are available to them.
Spanish classes: The study programme is designed to motivate students and keep them interested and is based on modern, communication-oriented methods. Our classroom approach is geared towards the student’s age. We use an engaging style and concentrate on current issues. We work on grammatical structures that encourage students’ verbal fluency and confidence. We also develop comprehension and writing skills, focusing on the vocabulary of everyday situations.
Activities: cultural and sporting activities round off the educational programme while at the same time offering students the opportunity to practice the language outside the classroom. Activities are coordinated and led by our specialist monitors.
What facilities does the residence have?
- 1 outdoor swimming pool with lifeguard
- 1 cafeteria
- 1 spacious buffet restaurant with terrace
- 1 multipurpose sports area for different sports
- Computers with internet connection
- Free wi-fi throughout the Residence
All rooms (from 4 to 10 beds with private bathrooms) have lockable wardrobes, a writing desk and views out over the woods which creates a very pleasant feeling of being surrounded by nature.
Why does our residence offer such a natural, sustainable and supportive environment?
The Residence employs a number of people with different types of disability, essentially for cleaning and maintenance tasks. This social commitment is an innovative and sustainable way of integrating people with different abilities.
The Spanish course does not include:
- Spending money
- Medical insurance (mandatory for non-EU members)
Who is in charge of this summer camp programme?