COURSE RECORD: Spanish course at school + homestay in Barcelona
Dates 2022: 20th February – 5th March // 24th April – 7th May // Summer: From 3rd July to 27th August // October 23-29
Duration: from 1 to 8 weeks
No. Spanish lessons: 3 per day, monday to friday
Level of Spanish required: from beginners to advanced
Ages: 12-18 years
What does this Spanish course consist of?
The programme is based on Spanish classes in the mornings at the school in an international atmosphere combined with sports, cultural and recreational activities in the afternoons. Accommodation is a Spanish homestay on a full-board basis with carefully selected host families. It includes:
- Full-board accommodation with the host family
- 15 Spanish lessons per week from Monday to Friday at school
- Educational material
- 2 afternoon cultural outings per week
- 2 afternoons of sport or dance classes per week
- 1 private disco event during the stay
- 1 one-day excursion during the stay (Port Aventura theme park in summer)
- Weekends spent with the family or doing group activities with the monitors
- Students get around by public transport during the programme
- All activities are attended by our monitors
- Local coordinator available on hand to contact 24/7
- Arrival/departure transfers to/from the airport or railway station
Which sports options are available?
For the 2 sports afternoons per week, students can choose from one of the following options:
- Mixed sports: Bicycle tours, bowling or beach games
- Salsa dancing lessons: 2 one-hour lessons per week
- Flamenco dancing lessons: 2 one-hour lessons per week
- Water sports: 2 two-hours lessons per week
- Intensive football programme: only in July – for further information, click here
What does this Spanish stay involve?
The host family
Accommodation with a friendly, carefully-chosen host family, offering students the chance to practice their Spanish and learn about local life. Families host a maximum of two students of different nationalities, each with their own rooms.
The study programme is designed to motivate students and keep them interested and is based on modern, communication-oriented methods. Our classroom approach is geared towards the student’s age. We use an engaging style and concentrate on current issues. We work on grammatical structures that encourage students’ verbal fluency and confidence. We also develop comprehension and writing skills, focusing on the vocabulary of everyday situations.
Cultural and sporting activities
cultural and sporting activities round off the educational programme while at the same time offering students the opportunity to practice Spanish outside the classroom. Activities are coordinated and led by our specialist monitors.
This Spanish course for teens is available during the winter, spring, summer and autumn school holidays. The Spanish families live a maximum of 20 minutes from the school either on foot or by a direct Metro ride. On their first morning, a family member will accompany the student to the school to show them the way. The arrival day we give to the stuent a public transport ticket that includes all journeys for the full stay.
This Spanish course does not include:
- Trips by public transport when these do not form part of the programme
- Spending money
- Medical insurance (mandatory for non-EU members)
Who is in charge of this programme?
DATES 2022: Day Camp for juniors in Barcelona
• Winter: 20th February – 5th March
• Spring: 24th April – 7th May (1 or 2 weeks)
• Summer: Starting each Sunday from 3rd July, closes on 27th August
• October half-term holiday: October 23-29
Accommodation prices are calculated for arrival on Sunday and departure on Saturday. Additional charges will be applied for those students who wish to prolong their stay for one or two nights on a weekly basis:
1 week = 6 nights – 2 weeks = 13 nights – 3 weeks = 20 nights