Course record: Spanish course with soccer training in Barcelona
Dates 2022: 3-30 July
Duration: 1 – 4 weeks
No. Spanish lessons: 3 per day, monday to friday
Level of Spanish required: from beginners to advanced
Ages: 12-17 years
What does this Spanish course + soccer camp in Barcelona consist of?
Every month of July we organize in the centre of Barcelona a day camp for students who want to improve their Spanish language skills alongside their soccer (football). Parents can leave their children with us in the morning to enjoy the day learning Spanish and playing soccer with other young people of their own age of different nationalities. This course includes:
- 15 Spanish language lessons per week from monday to friday
- Educational material
- 4 afternoons of soccer training per week with Spanish students
- Provision of a club’s training equipment (t-shirt and shorts)
- 1 outing per week: FC Barcelona stadium and museum or RCD Espanyol stadium or the Gaudí’s works or a bike tour, for exemple.
- 1 private disco event during the stay (1 every 2 weeks)
- 1 excursion to the Port Aventura theme park (every 2 weeks)
- Students get around by public transport during the programme
- Students are escorted by a Gala monitor to the sports facilities every day
- Local coordinator available on hand to contact 24/7
Why train with RCD Espanyol, a european soccer camp?
Because it is known for its professional approach and healthy family-orientated atmosphere, making it ideal for our students. RCD Espanyol is one of the most emblematic soccer clubs in Spain. Its soccer school is one of the most prestigious in the country, and every year it supplies new players either for its own first-division team or other teams of the same level. The expert soccer coaches who work at the summer soccer school come from the club’s elite training centre.
The facilities and other details
- On the first day, students are provided with a club’s training kit (t-shirt and shorts)
- Training is conducted by expert soccer coaches from the RCD Espanyol professional training centre
- Every Friday there is an exhibition game on the natural grass pitch
- Presentation of the club’s official diploma at the end of the programme
- The club has Football 11, Football 7 and indoor football pitches with both real and artificial grass
- The facilities include changing rooms, showers and recreational areas
- The club also has a store selling its official branded products
What are the aims of this programme?
- To improve soccer techniques through physical play (on-field sessions).
- To assimilate and execute tactical movements (on-field sessions).
- To learn about technical aspects, good hygiene, physical training, nutrition, etc (soccer workshops).
- To encourage interest in and practice of soccer in a relaxed, recreational and educational way.
- To improve students’ knowledge of Spanish language in a Spanish-speaking environment.
This Day Camp Spanish course + soccer training does not include:
- Accommodation / meals
- Trips by public transport when these do not form part of the programme
- Spending money
- Medical insurance (mandatory for non-EU members)
Who is in charge of this programme?