Destinations: Barcelona, Vilanova/Sitges and Seville
Dates: During the winter, spring, summer and autumn school holidays
Duration: from 1 to 8 weeks
No. Spanish lessons: 3 hours per day, Monday to Friday
Level of Spanish required: from beginners to advanced
Ages: 12-18 years
What does this Spanish course consist of?
The programme is based on Spanish classes in the mornings at the school in an international atmosphere combined with sports, cultural and recreational activities in the afternoons. Accommodation is on a full-board basis with carefully selected families. It includes:
- Full-board accommodation with the host family
- 15 Spanish classes per week from Monday to Friday
- Educational material
- 2 afternoon cultural outings per week
- 2 afternoons of sport or dance per week
- 1 private disco event during the stay
- 1 one-day excursion during the stay
- Weekends spent with the family or doing group activities with the monitors
- Students get around by public transport during the programme
- All activities are attended by our monitors
- Local coordinator available on hand to contact 24/7
- Arrival/departure transfers to/from the airport or railway station
Which sports options are available?
For the two sports afternoons each week, students can choose from one of the following options:
- Mixed sports: Bicycle tours, bowling or beach games at all destinations
- Salsa dancing lessons: In Barcelona and Vilanova/Sitges
- Flamenco dancing lessons: In Barcelona and Vilanova/Sitges
- Water sports: In Barcelona and Vilanova/Sitges in summer
- Intensive football programme: In Barcelona in July – for further information, click here
What does the stay involve?
Accommodation with a friendly, carefully-chosen family, offering students the chance to practice their Spanish and learn about local life. Families host a maximum of two students of different nationalities, each with their own rooms.
The study program is designed to motivate students and keep them interested and is based on modern, communication-oriented methods. Our classroom approach is geared towards the student’s age. We use an engaging style and concentrate on current issues. We work on grammatical structures that encourage students’ verbal fluency and confidence. We also develop comprehension and writing skills, focusing on the vocabulary of everyday situations.
cultural and sporting activities round off the educational program while at the same time offering students the opportunity to practice the language outside the classroom. Activities are coordinated and led by our specialist monitors.
Which location to choose?
This programme is available during the winter, spring, summer and autumn school holidays.
The families live a maximum of 20 minutes from the school either on foot or by a direct Metro ride. On their first morning, a family member will accompany the student to the school to show them the way, and they will be given a public transport ticket on the day they arrive.
During the summer school holidays. Both towns are around 40 km to the south of Barcelona on the coast. Students will walk to the school or, if they need to take public transport, they will always be accompanied by the monitor in charge.
During the winter and summer school holidays. The Seville-based stays offer a very comprehensive cultural program. The school and the host families are located in Mairena del Aljarafe, a pleasant residential town just 15 minutes outside Seville.
The programme does not include:
- Trips by public transport when these do not form part of the programme
- Spending money
- Medical insurance (mandatory for non-EU members)
Who is in charge of this programme?