SPANISH CLASSES IN THE TEACHER’S HOME COURSE RECORD
Destinations: Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Seville and Cordoba
Dates: all year round
Duration: 1 week +
Level of Spanish required: from beginners to advanced
Ages: 12 – 25 years
Other: we can accept two friends as students if they have the same level of Spanish
What does this Spanish course consist of?
Students live in the teacher’s home. Apart from being immersed in the daily life of a local host family, they are also given private Spanish tuition. This is a very effective method and students can make tremendous progress. It is also an excellent option for students who need to prepare for an exam or perfect their language skills for professional purposes. The Spanish course includes:
- Own room in the teacher’s home on a full-board basis
- Private Spanish tuition: 15 – 30 hours per week
- Initial Spanish level test and educational material
- Monitoring by a member of Gala staff
- Two cultural outings per week with the family
- Other activities: beach trips, swimming pool, outings with family members, etc.
- A Gala contact at every destination who can be contacted 24/7
- Final interview with the student to evaluate their stay
What we expect from the teacher – host family:
The families who take part in this programme are very carefully selected. To ensure the student’s stay is a success, we demand:
- A teacher who specialises in teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
- A pleasant, comfortable home where the student will have his/her own bedroom.
- A family made up of various members, preferably with teenage children.
- A responsible, caring and welcoming family.
- A dynamic family who are keen to share their culture with the student.
What additional activities are available for students?
For students who would like to practice one of their hobbies during their homestay in Spain we offer extra activities. Sports facilities or dance centres are located close to the family’s home and a family member will accompany the student. Activity options (private lessons exepting the tennis intensive coaching and the Spanish cuisine), depending on the destination, include:
- Flamenco lessons
- Spanish guitar lessons
- Tennis coaching
- Tennis intensive coaching (20 group lessons per week)*
- Horse riding
- Surf (Barcelona and Malaga)
- Spanish cuisine (group lessons)
*Only in Barcelona
There is also the possibility of organizing other types of courses, such as drawing and painting, ballet, etc. Please ask us for more information in this respect.
The course does not include:
- Entrance tickets to museums and public transport tickets.
- Spending money
- Medical insurance (mandatory for non-EU members)
Who is in charge of this course?