School trip with Spanish classes in Andalucia. Would you like a personalized quotation?
Are you planning a school trip with your Spanish language students to Andalucia? Ask for more information completing this form:
Mairena del Aljarafe is a residential town just a short distance from Seville with a peaceful, family atmosphere, ideal for groups of Spanish language students visiting Andalucia. Its combination of new built-up areas such as Ciudad Aljarafe and Ciudad Expo and lovely green zones have attracted a large number of young families in the last few years. It also has a quaint old quarter, hotels, a wide range of services and a large shopping centre with restaurants, bars and recreational areas. We offer here an excellent accommodation with welcoming and hospitable host families.
From Mairena del Aljarafe the group can be in the centre of Seville in just a few minutes by metro. Mairena has a slightly milder temperature than Seville as it lies in the Aljarafe hills on the way to the coast at Huelva. This little town offers a truly Andalusian experience for school groups.
Example of a school trip to Mairena (Seville):
D.1. Arrival and settling-in. Welcome to Andalucia!
D.2. In the morning 3 Spanish language classes at the school, followed by lunch. In the afternoon, a panoramic guided tour of Seville by bus, visiting the historic centre (Barrio de Santa Cruz), the Royal Palace (Reales Alcázares), the area where the Universal Exposition of 1992 was held on La Cartuja island, the beautiful pavilions that remain from the 1929 Exposition, the Plaza de España and the Park of María Luisa. Afternoon snack of hot chocolate with churros (dipping doughnuts).
D.3. In the morning 3 Spanish language classes, followed by lunch. In the afternoon we head for Cadiz, known locally as the Silver Cup. A guide will accompany us on a tour of the oldest city in the Western world to reveal its monuments and most iconic sights: the Cathedral, Puerta Tierra -the gateway to the old town-, La Caleta beach and the neighbourhood of La Viña.
D.4. In the morning 3 Spanish classes, followed by lunch. In the afternoon students visit Casa Pilatos in Seville, a typical urban Andalusian palace, and discover the neighbourhood of Santa María la Blanca (the city’s former Jewish quarter). Later, students embark on a river cruise down the Guadalquivir. Free time in the shopping area around Calle Sierpes.
D.5. Excursion to the famous white villages of Andalusia: first Ronda with its legendary bullring and the Bandolero Museum, followed by a picnic lunch and then other white villages in the afternoon: Grazalema and Arcos de la Frontera. Back in Mairena, a farewell dinner includes a tapas tasting.
D.6. Farewell and departure. See you soon!
Other recommended activities:
- Excursion to the Aracena mountain range: a stunning natural landscape that is home to the town of Jabugo, which produces the most sublime cured hams in the world from its free-range pigs which feed on local acorns. Students will visit a factory and sample their ham before moving on to tour the most interesting heritage sights in the region.
- Beach day at Matalascañas (Huelva), passing by Almonte and El Rocío.
- Other options: Museum of Fine Arts, ruins and archaeological site of Itálica, etc.
Some of our favourites…
- Beginner’s dancing class in Sevillanas: students will learn how to perform the most popular Andalusian dance, the Sevillanas: the rhythms, the clapping and the initial choreography.
- Gazpacho and paella workshop: a cooking class where students learn how to make the world-famous Andalusian gazpacho, the delicious, refreshing chilled soup packed with vitamins and a paella. This is a really fun activity, as well as being educational.
- A musical workshop on the instruments of the Holy Week: learn how to play like the bands that accompany the famous processions of Seville Holy Week.
A few tips:
- Mairena is right next to Seville. Seville has its own airport with international connections. Malaga airport is another option for international flights. We can arrange a private bus transfer from either airport. Seville is connected by the high-speed rail network with Madrid, Cordoba and Barcelona.
- The accommodation we offer to our groups of Spanish language students in Mairena is either in hotel or, for the optimum integration in local life and customs, with our welcoming host families.
- Our school stays in Mairena can also be taken without Spanish classes, just including accommodation, activities and tours.
Are you interested on that Spanish language school tour to Andalucia? Has it inspired you but you would like to do some changes to the tour? Ask for more information completing this form: