School trip to Seville. Would you like a personalized quotation?
If you’re planning to organize a school trip with your students in Spain, ask for more information completing this form:
Seville is the capital of Andalusia, this proud and elegant city stuns visitors with its beauty. Seville combines tradition and modernity and seduces the senses with its authentic atmosphere.
Seville is a real experience, not just for its hugely popular festivals such as the Seville Fair and Holy Week, but also for strolling along its streets and through its little squares bustling with people or stopping off at a bar for a cool drink and some delicious tapas.
Romantic Seville, Flamenco Seville, devout Seville… universal Seville! Soak up the splendour of this delightful city by visiting the Alcazar, the Giralda Cathedral, the labyrinthine neighbourhood of Santa Cruz and the lovely walks along the riverside.
Example of a school trip in Seville:
D.1. Arrival and settling-in. Welcome!
D.2. We start with the Reales Alcázares (the Royal Fortresses and Gardens), a masterpiece of Mudejar architecture, before heading for Plaza de España and a picnic lunch in the Maria Luisa Park, followed by a guided tour of the city’s most iconic feature: the Giralda Cathedral and the neighbourhood of Santa Cruz.
D.3. Excursion to Jerez de la Frontera to watch the white Andalusian horses dancing at the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art or visit a sherry-making winery. After a picnic lunch we head for Cadiz, known locally as Tacita de Plata (the Silver Cup). A guide will accompany us on a tour of the oldest city in the Western world to reveal its monuments and most iconic sights: the Cathedral, Puerta Tierra, the gateway to the old town, La Caleta Beach and the neighbourhood of La Viña.
D.4. Excursion to Cordoba, where students will visit the Calahorra Tower with its Al-Andalus living museum (an interactive experience which shows how the Jewish, Muslim and Christian cultures coexisted in medieval Cordoba). We then continue over the Roman bridge that spans the River Guadalquivir before reaching the Alcazar Fortress of the Christian Monarchs and a picnic lunch in its gardens. In the afternoon there is a guided tour of the Mosque-Cathedral, the Jewish quarter and the Synagogue, the only one in Andalusia.
D.5. Students will discover a farmstead and olive mill that produces extra virgin olive oil, with a tour of the olive groves, museum, production process and a tasting session. From here we visit the monumental village of Carmona for lunch. In the afternoon there will be a beginner’s lesson in flamenco dancing and compás (the flamenco rhythm). And finally, we’ll enjoy some tapas and watch a flamenco show.
D.6. Farewell and departure. See you soon!
Other recommended activities:
- Fighting bull farm in the Seville region: how the fighting bulls are bred and raised.
- Guided tour of Seville’s Maestranza bullring and its museum.
- Excursion to Granada and a tour of the Alhambra.
- Isla Mágica theme park: a relaxing, fun excursion on the hottest days.
Some of our favourites…
- Beginner’s lesson in flamenco percussion: students will learn how to play the flamenco ‘box’ with the basic rhythms. This is a really fun class that starts off with a practical session and ends up with a hands-on demonstration.
- Doñana Nature Reserve in Huelva: this beautiful reserve with tremendous environmental value is the largest protected area in Spain. Students will discover its native flora and fauna on a guided tour in a jeep.
A few tips:
- Seville has its own airport with international connections. Malaga airport is another option for international flights. We can arrange a private bus transfer from either airport. Seville is connected by the high-speed rail network with Madrid, Cordoba and Barcelona.
- We offer a variety of accommodation options for our groups of students in Seville: hotels, youth hostels or, for the optimum integration in local life and customs, our host families.
- Our stays in Seville can be combined with customized Spanish classes in the mornings.
Ask for more information completing the request form: