School trip to Madrid, Spanish classes for groups. Would you like a personalized quotation?
Are you planning a school trip to Madrid with your students? Ask for more information completing this form:
Madrid boasts a vast cultural and artistic heritage. As well as the Prado, Reina Sofía and Thyssen museums, it is home to top-ranking cultural centres including the Cibeles Centre of Culture and Citizenship, the Casa Encendida, the CaixaForum or Matadero Madrid.
Another of its main attractions for school tours coming to visit Madrid is that it is within striking distance of so many other towns with an equally impressive artistic and monumental heritage, such as San Lorenzo del Escorial, Aranjuez, Alcalá de Henares, Toledo, Segovia or Avila.
A School trip to Madrid with Spanish classes:
D.1. Arrival and settling-in. Welcome to Madrid!
D.2. Morning: 3 Spanish lessons. Lunch. In the afternoon: guided tour of the Madrid of the Austrias with a stroll around Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Teatro Real and Palacio de Oriente. To finish off the afternoon on a sweet note, we’ll stop to sample the traditional hot chocolate with churros (dipping doughnuts).
D.3. Morning: 3 Spanish lessons. Lunch. A guided tour of the Prado Museum which houses a stunning art collection, including masterworks by Velázquez and Goya amongst many others. A stroll through the Retiro Park and we’ll visit the Palacio de Cristal (Glass Palace) before ending the day with a top flamenco show.
D.4. Morning: 3 Spanish lessons. Lunch. In the afternoon we take a guided tour of the medieval city of Segovia and its Roman aqueduct, Jewish Quarter and Alcazar fortress.
D.5. A full day out at the Warner Theme Park: rollercoasters, aquatic attractions and all the classic Warner Bros characters.
D.6. Farewell and departure. See you soon!
Other recommended activities:
- The Museo Reina Sofia: featuring contemporary and 20th century art, including the stunning Guernica by Picasso and works by other artists such as Miró, Dalí, Julio González and Eduardo Chillida.
- A guided visit of the Royal Palace.
- Bernabéu tour, Real Madrid FC Museum and Stadium: a panoramic overview of the stadium, the trophy room, the pitch, the presidential box, the players’ tunnel out to the benches, the technical area, the changing rooms and the press room.
- A visit of the Monastery and Palace of El Escorial.
- Excursion to Alcalá de Henares, following in the steps of Cervantes, the author of Don Quixote. We’ll visit the museum in Cervantes’ birthplace, a courtyard theatre, the Cervantes Study Centre and the University where every year the Cervantes Literary Award is presented.
Some of our favourites…
- A flamenco dancing class: a fun activity trying out the basic steps and learning the rhythms of this classic southern Spanish dance.
- Excursion to Aranjuez, 47 km from Madrid, where we’ll take a bike ride through the historic centre and visit the Palace and its gardens.
A few tips:
- Madrid’s Adolfo Suárez airport has numerous international connections. Madrid is also connected by the high-speed rail network with Seville, Cordoba, Malaga and Barcelona.
- We offer a range of accommodation options for our groups of students in Madrid: hotels, youth hostels and, for optimum integration into local life and customs, our host families.
- Our Madrid educational trips can also be taken without Spanish classes, just including activities and tours.
Ask for more information completing the following form: