School trip to Madrid and Barcelona. Would you like a personalized quotation?
If you’re planning to organize a school trip to Spain with your students, ask for more information completing this form:
This school tour to Spain offers the option of getting to know the two most important cities: Madrid and Barcelona. On this school trip, students will discover the delights of Madrid before stopping off at Zaragoza and ending up in dynamic Barcelona. This is the perfect Spanish language trip for groups with a little more time to spend in Spain.
Example of itinerary:
D.1. Arrive in Madrid and settle in. Welcome to Spain!
D.2. We start with a guided tour of the Madrid of the Austrias with a stroll around the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Teatro Real, Palacio y Jardines de Oriente. After a picnic lunch in the Sabatini Gardens, students will visit the Royal Palace before finishing off the afternoon on a sweet note with some delicious hot chocolate and churros (dipping doughnuts).
D.3. Guided panoramic bus tour of Madrid, passing along Paseo del Prado and Recoletos, the Gran Vía and Calle Mayor, Neptuno, Cibeles and Atocha, amongst other sights. After a picnic in the Retiro Park, we continue with a guided tour of the Prado Museum which boasts an outstanding art collection including works by Velázquez and Goya.
D.4. Today we start at the Reina Sofía Museum which features contemporary and 20th century art, including the stunning Guernica by Picasso as well as works by other artists such as Miró, Dalí, Julio González and Eduardo Chillida. Lunch in a local restaurant before visiting the Palace and Monastery in El Escorial. In the evening we’ll visit a flamenco show.
D.5. Departure for Barcelona. En route, we’ll stop off at Zaragoza and have lunch in a local restaurant, taking a look at the Basilica of El Pilar and the River Ebro before continuing to Barcelona. Arrival and settling-in. Welcome to the Mediterranean!
D.6. We start off in Barcelona by discovering the city’s unique Modernist architecture in some of its most representative buildings on Passeig de Gràcia: Casa Lleó Morera, Casa Amatller, and Gaudí’s Casa Batlló and La Pedrera. We then head for the Sagrada Familia church for a guided tour. After a picnic lunch, we visit Park Güell. In the afternoon, we take a stroll along the Ramblas, popping into the Boquería Market, before reaching the Barceloneta district and its beaches.
D.7. Guided tour of the Palau de la Música, the masterwork of Modernist architect Domenech i Montaner. We then take a walk through the Ribera neighbourhood to the Born district, going through the Market of Santa Caterina. We also visit the church of Santa Maria del Mar (also known as the Cathedral of the Sea) and eat our picnic lunch in the Ciudadela Park. In the afternoon, we take a guided tour of the Miró Foundation on the mountain of Montjuïc.
D.8. We start with a treasure hunt around the Gothic Quarter, a fun way of discovering this ancient part of the city by answering questions and solving puzzles, with a prize for the winning team! Following a paella cooking workshop we’ll sample some tapas as well as the paella itself! In the afternoon, we’ll take a catamaran trip to enjoy the views of Barcelona from the sea.
D.9. Farewell and departure. See you soon!
Other recommended activities:
- Spend one of your days in Madrid discovering Segovia and La Granja de San Ildefonso Palace and Gardens or Toledo.
- To give the school trip a more recreational touch, students can spend a day at the Warner theme park in Madrid or the Port Aventura theme park near Barcelona.
- For soccer (football) fans we can organize a visit to the stadiums of Real Madrid (Bernabeu) or FC Barcelona (Camp Nou Experience).
A few tips:
- Madrid’s Adolfo Suárez – Barajas airport has numerous international connections. We can then travel to Barcelona on the high-speed train (AVE) or by private bus. Alternatively, the route can be inverted in order to fly into Barcelona first.
- On this school tour the group spends four nights in Madrid and another four nights in Barcelona. We offer a range of accommodation options for our groups of students in both cities: hotels, youth hostels and, for optimum integration into local life and customs, our homestay centres in Madrid and Barcelona.
- This educational school trip can be combined with customized Spanish classes in the mornings in Madrid and/or Barcelona.
Ask for more information about this sample of school trour in Spain completing the request form: