Educational tour to Madrid and Andalusia, Spain. Would you like a personalized quotation?
If you’re planning to organize a school trip to Spain with your students, ask for more information completing this form:
We recommend this school trip – of exceptional cultural interest – for groups of students that have a little more time to spend in Spain. Starting in Madrid, the Spanish capital, we head off towards Andalusia to discover the three jewels in its crown: Seville, Cordoba and Granada.
Example of a Educational tour:
D.1. Arrival and settling-in. Welcome to Spain!
D.2. We start with a guided tour of the Madrid of the Austrias with a stroll around the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Teatro Real and Palacio y Jardines de Oriente. After a picnic lunch in the Oriente Gardens we’ll visit the Royal Palace before finishing off the afternoon on a sweet note with some delicious hot chocolate and churros (dipping doughnuts).
D.3. Guided panoramic bus tour of Madrid, passing along Paseo del Prado and Recoletos, the Gran Vía and Calle Mayor, Neptuno, Cibeles and Atocha, amongst other sights. After a picnic in the Retiro Park, we continue with a guided tour of the Prado Museum which boasts an outstanding art collection including works by Velázquez and Goya.
D.4. Today we start at the Reina Sofía Museum which features contemporary and 20th century art, including the stunning Guernica by Picasso as well as works by other artists such as Miró, Dalí, Julio González and Eduardo Chillida. Buffet lunch in a local restaurant, and then visit to the Monastery and Palace of El Escorial.
D.5. Departure for Seville, stopping off en route in Toledo, another city of three cultures. Guided tour of the church of Santo Tomé, the Santa Maria La Blanca Synagogue and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes. We then continue to Seville. Arrival and settling-in. Welcome to the capital of Andalusia!
D.6. Students will visit the Reales Alcázares Palace, a masterpiece of Mudejar architecture, before heading for Plaza de España and a picnic lunch in the Maria Luisa Park, followed by a guided tour of the city’s most iconic feature: the Giralda Cathedral and the neighbourhood of Santa Cruz. The evening ends with a live flamenco show.
D.7. Excursion to Cordoba, where students will visit the Calahorra Tower with its Al-Andalus living museum (an interactive experience which shows how the Jewish, Muslim and Christian cultures coexisted in medieval Cordoba). We then continue over the Roman bridge that spans the River Guadalquivir before reaching the Alcazar Fortress of the Christian Monarchs and a picnic lunch in its gardens. In the afternoon there is a guided tour of the Mosque-Cathedral, the Jewish quarter and the Synagogue.
D.8. Excursion to Granada where students will discover the Cathedral and the Royal Chapel, take a stroll through the Albaicín neighbourhood and eat a picnic lunch at the Viewpoint of San Nicolás. Later on we will visit the marvelous Alhambra Palace and the Generalife Gardens.
D.9. Farewell and departure. See you soon!
- A beginner’s lesson in flamenco dancing in either Madrid or Seville.
- Visit a farmstead and olive mill that produces extra virgin olive oil, with a tour of the olive groves, museum, production process and a tasting session.
- Doñana Nature Reserve in Huelva: this beautiful reserve with tremendous environmental value is the largest protected area in Spain. Discover its native flora and fauna on a guided tour in a jeep.
- Visit to a fighting bull farm, with an educational explanation of the natural habitat of fighting bulls and how they are bred.
A few tips:
- Madrid’s Adolfo Suárez Barajas airport has numerous international connections. We can then travel to Seville by high-speed train or in a private bus.
- On this school tour we spend 4 nights in Madrid and another 4 nights in Seville. We offer a range of accommodation options for our groups in both cities: hotels, youth hostels and, for optimum integration into local life and customs, our host families. This school trip can also combine 4 nights in Madrid and 4 nights in Cordoba.
- This educational tour can be combined with customized Spanish lessons in the mornings in Madrid and/or Seville.
Ask for more information completing the request form: