School trip to Getafe (Madrid region). Would you like a personalized quotation?
Are you planning a school trip to Madrid with your students? Ask for more information completing this form:
Getafe is a perfect base for visiting Madrid and its region. It is situated to the south of Madrid on the way to Toledo. Getafe is similar to our option of Mairena del Aljarafe (in Seville region), in that they are both destinations within striking distance of a major city while offering a more peaceful, relaxing environment. We offer excellent accommodation with welcoming and hospitable host families.
This dynamic, modern little city is home to the Carlos III University. It has pleasant residential areas and green zones and is connected with Madrid by Line 12 of the Metro system and by train to Atocha station.
Example of a school trip to Madrid region:
D.1. Arrival and settling-in. Welcome to Getafe!
D.2. We start with a guided panoramic bus tour of Madrid, passing along Paseo del Prado and Recoletos, the Gran Vía and Calle Mayor, Neptuno, Cibeles and Atocha, amongst other sights. After a picnic in the Retiro Park, we continue with a guided tour of the Prado Museum which boasts an outstanding art collection including works by Velázquez and Goya.
D.3. Day trip to Toledo, another of the Spanish cities that symbolizes the country’s legacy of three cultures. The guided tour of the city includes the church of Santo Tomé (which houses the painting The Burial of the Count of Orgaz by El Greco), the synagogue of Santa Maria La Blanca and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
D.4. Today we start at the Reina Sofía Museum which features contemporary and 20th century art, including the stunning Guernica by Picasso as well as works by other artists such as Miró, Dalí, Julio González and Eduardo Chillida. After lunch in a central restaurant, in the afternoon we visit the Museum-House of Sorolla, the painter who epitomized Mediterranean light.
D.5. In the morning, a half-day trip to the Monastery and Palace of El Escorial. After a picnic in the gardens, we continue with a guided tour of the medieval city of Segovia with its Roman aqueduct, Jewish Quarter and Alcazar fortress.
D.6. Farewell and departure. See you soon!
Other recommended activities:
- The Madrid theme park.
- The National Library: an educational tour through the history of written communications. The tour takes in various rooms and there is also a wealth of audiovisual media.
- The Congress of Deputies and/or the Senate.
- The Monastery of Descalzas Reales.
- A snow-based activity in Puerto de Navacerrada in the Sierra of Madrid.
Some of our favourites…
- The Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso: the Palace and its gardens, the Royal Glassworks, the House of the Infantes, the military barracks, the Royal Stables and the Collegiate Church.
- In the Madrid mountain range: adventure sports in the woods, a highly entertaining activity that’s ideal for young sports people.
A few tips:
- Getafe is right next to Madrid. Madrid’s Adolfo Suárez Barajas airport has numerous international connections. Madrid is also connected by the high-speed rail network (AVE) with Seville, Cordoba, Malaga and Barcelona.
- The accommodation we recommend for our groups of Spanish language students is with wonderful host families in our homestay centre in Getafe (Madrid) who offer students on educational trips the perfect integration into local life and customs.
- Our school trips in Getafe can be combined with customized Spanish classes in the mornings.
Are you interested on that Spanish language school tour to Spain? Has it inspired you but you would like to do some changes to the tour? Ask for more information completing this form: