Destinations: Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Seville and Cordoba
Dates: all year round
Duration: 2 weeks +
Level of Spanish required: from elementary to advanced
Ages: 13 – 20 years
What does a homestay with a Spanish family consist of?
Living with a family, with no contact with other foreign students, offers a unique opportunity to experience total immersion in the Spanish language and culture. We have a selection of suitable families in different regions of Spain.
This course is ideal for young people who already have some knowledge of Spanish and are interested in experiencing the customs and culture of a Spanish family. The young student takes an active part in the family’s everyday life as if they were another member of the family. The programme includes:
- Own room in the family home on a full-board basis
- Contact with a Gala representative who monitors the homestay
- 2 cultural outings per week with the Spanish host family
- Other activity options: beach trips, swimming pool, outings with family members, etc.
- A Gala contact at every destination who can be contacted 24/7
- Final interview with the student to evaluate their stay
What kind of host families do we select for this course?
The families who take part in this programme are very carefully selected. To ensure the student’s stay is a success, we demand:
- A pleasant, comfortable home where the student will have his/her own bedroom.
- A family made up of various members, preferably with teenage children.
- A responsible, caring and welcoming family.
- A dynamic host family who are keen to share their culture with the student.
What additional activities are available for students?
For students who would like to practice one of their hobbies during their homestay in Spain we offer extra activities. Sports facilities or dance centres are located close to the family’s home and a family member will accompany the student to the activity. The different options (private lessons exepting the tennis intensive coaching and the Spanish cuisine), depending on the destination, include:
- Flamenco lessons
- Spanish guitar lessons
- Tennis coaching
- Tennis intensive coaching (20 group lessons per week)*
- Horse riding
- Surf (Barcelona and Malaga)
- Spanish cuisine (group lessons)
*Only in Barcelona
There is also the possibility of organizing other types of courses, such as drawing and painting. Please ask us for more information in this respect.
The programme does not include:
- Entrance tickets to museums and public transport tickets.
- Spending money.
- Medical insurance (mandatory for non-EU members).
Who is in charge of this programme?