Students tour to Mairena, in Seville. Would you like a personalized quotation?
If you’re planning to organize a school trip with your students to Spain, ask for more information completing this form:
Mairena del Aljarafe is a residential town just a short distance from Seville with a peaceful, family atmosphere. Its combination of new built-up areas such as Ciudad Aljarafe and Ciudad Expo and lovely green zones have attracted a large number of young families in the last few years. It also has a very quaint old quarter, various hotels, a wide range of services and a large shopping centre with restaurants, bars and recreational areas.
From Mairena del Aljarafe you can be in the centre of Seville in just a few minutes by the new Metro line. Mairena has a slightly milder temperature than Seville as it lies in the Aljarafe hills on the way to the coast at Huelva. Mairena offers a truly Andalusian experience.
Example of a student tour in Seville:
D.1. Arrival and settling-in. Welcome!
D.2. We start with a panoramic guided tour of Seville by bus, visiting the Reales Alcázares Palace, the area where the Universal Exposition of 1992 was held on La Cartuja island, the beautiful pavilions that remain from the 1929 Exposition, Plaza de España and the Park of María Luisa, with a stop at the Murillo Gardens for lunch. In the afternoon the group of students takes a walk around the Santa Cruz district and visits the interior of the Giralda Cathedral.
D.3. Day trip to Doñana Nature Reserve in Huelva for a tour of the largest protected space in Spain by jeep. After a picnic lunch we head for the Port of Palos de la Frontera where Christopher Columbus departed for the Americas in 1492.
D.4. Today we visit Casa Pilatos in Seville, a typical urban Andalusian palace, and discover the neighbourhood of Santa María la Blanca (the city’s former Jewish quarter). After a picnic lunch, we embark on a river cruise down the Guadalquivir. Later on students will sample the traditional afternoon snack of hot chocolate with churros (dipping doughnuts) with free time in the shopping area around Calle Sierpes.
D.5. Excursion to the famous white villages of Andalusia: first Ronda with its legendary bullring and the Bandolero Museum, followed by a picnic lunch and then other white villages in the afternoon: Grazalema and Arcos de la Frontera. Back in Mairena, our farewell dinner includes a sampler of typical tapas.
D.6. Farewell and departure. See you soon!
Other recommended activities:
- Day trip to the Aracena mountain range: a stunning natural landscape that is home to the town of Jabugo, which produces the most sublime cured hams in the world from its free-range pigs which feed on local acorns. Students will visit a factory and sample their ham before moving on to tour the most interesting heritage sights in the region.
- Beach day at Matalascañas (Huelva), passing by Almonte and El Rocío.
- Other options: Museum of Fine Arts in Seville, ruins and archaeological site of Itálica (close to Seville),…
Some of our favourites…
- Beginner’s class in Sevillanas (folk dance influenced by flamenco): students will learn how to perform the simplest part of the most popular Andalusian dance, the Sevillanas: the rhythms, the clapping and the initial choreography.
- Gazpacho workshop: students learn how to make the world-famous Andalusian gazpacho, the delicious, refreshing chilled soup packed with vitamins. This is a really fun activity, as well as being educational.
- A familiarization workshop on the musical instruments of Holy Week: learn how to play like the bands that accompany the famous processions of Seville Holy Week.
A few tips:
- Mairena del Aljarafe is right next to Seville. Seville has its own airport with international connections. Malaga airport is another option for international flights. We can arrange a private bus transfer from either airport. Seville is connected by the high-speed rail network with Madrid, Cordoba and Barcelona.
- The accommodation we offer our groups of students in Mairena is either in hotel or, for the optimum integration in local life and customs, why not choose a home stay for your students?
- This students tour in Mairena, Seville, can be combined with customized Spanish classes in the mornings.
Ask for more information completing the request form: