DAY CAMP IN BARCELONA, COURSE RECORD:
Dates: During the winter, spring, summer and autumn school holidays
Duration: from 1 to 4 weeks
Level of Spanish required: from beginners to advanced
Ages: 12-18 years
What does this Day Camp consist of?
The programme is based on Spanish classes in the mornings at the school in an international environment combined with sporting, cultural and recreational activities in the afternoons for young people coming on holiday with their family to Barcelona. Parents can leave their children with us in the morning to enjoy the day learning Spanish alongside other young people of their own age of different nationalities. Accommodation is not included.
- 15 Spanish classes per week from Monday to Friday
- Educational material
- 2 afternoon cultural outings per week
- 2 afternoons of sport or dance per week
- 1 private disco event during the stay
- 1 one-day excursion during the stay (Port Aventura theme park in summer)
- All activities are attended by our monitors
- Local coordinator available on hand to contact 24/7
Which sports options are available?
For the two sports afternoons each week, students can choose from one of the following options:
- Mixed sports: Bicycle tours, bowling or beach games at all destinations
- Flamenco dancing lessons: 2 hours a week
- Salsa dancing lessons: 2 hours a week
- Water sports: 2 lessons of 2 hours each one a week
- Intensive football programme, in July – for further information, click here
What does a typical stay entail?
Spanish lessons: The study programme is designed to motivate students and keep them interested and is based on modern, communication-oriented methods. Our classroom approach is geared towards the student’s age. We use an engaging style and concentrate on current issues. We work on grammatical structures that encourage students’ verbal fluency and confidence. We also develop comprehension and writing skills, focusing on the vocabulary of everyday situations.
Activities: cultural and sporting activities round off the educational programme while at the same time offering students the opportunity to practice the language outside the classroom. Activities are coordinated and led by our specialist monitors.
This Spanish course does not include:
- Accommodation / meals
- Trips by public transport when these do not form part of the programme
- Spending money
- Medical insurance (mandatory for non-EU members)
Who is in charge of this programme?
DATES 2019: Day Camp for juniors in Barcelona
• Summer: Starting each Sunday from 30th June, closes on 17th August.
• October half-term holiday: From 20th to 26th October.